- The Minutes and Resolutions of the previous meeting were approved.
- It was reported that there were 167 victims of vCJD as at 2 February 2009, according to the figures on the National CJD Surveillance Unit website. However Charles Russell was aware of 173 victims. Main Applications had been received in relation to 171 claims. By the end of this meeting, the Trustees had considered 168 of the claims submitted to date. The Trustees had considered a total of 365 claims for £5,000 Psychiatric Injury, 199 claims for Particular Emotional Hardship and 40 claims for Particular Financial Hardship.
- The meeting included consideration of one new claim, in part, one claim for Particular Emotional Hardship and two claims in relation to one Victim for Particular Financial Hardship. There were no claims for Carer’s or Victim’s Loss of Earnings.
- 37.91m had been paid in compensation by the date of the meeting. £11.29m had been paid for costs and expenses, which included £4.9 million in relation to Charles Russell’s fees (inc VAT), £3.45 million in relation to Irwin Mitchell’s fees (inc VAT) and £234,000 in relation to other solicitors fees and expenses (inc VAT).
- The Trustees considered an urgent application for payment of expenses incurred on behalf of a Victim.
- The Trustees finalised the paperwork to spread the Trust’s money into a number of bank accounts to protect the fund as far as possible from the effect of the economic downturn.
- The Trustees signed the Deed of Retirement for Vickly Vidler and the Deed of Appointment for Angela Westoby.
Return to minutes page