- The Minutes and Resolutions of the previous meeting were approved, subject to some minor amendments.
- It was reported that there were 156 victims of vCJD as at 6 June 2005, according to the figures on the Department of Health’s website. Main Applications had been received in relation to 152 victims. By the end of this meeting, the Trustees will have considered 148 cases on the claims submitted to date. The Trustees had considered a total of 245 claims for psychiatric injury.
- The Trustees considered a number of documents relating to claims for Particular Emotional Hardship.
- The Trustees considered two new cases, one request for part-payment, one case with outstanding issues, and six claims by family members of six Victims for the single sum of £5,000.00 for psychiatric injury lasting longer than a calendar month that has been caused or materially aggravated by the fact that the Victim has contracted vCJD, and 16 claims in relation to 10 Victims for Particular Emotional Hardship.
- Accounts were signed for year ended 5 April 2004.
Return to minutes page