- The Minutes and Resolutions of the previous meeting were approved.
- It was reported that there were 165 victims of vCJD as at 2 March 2007, according to the figures on the Department of Health’s website. However Charles Russell were aware of 170 victims. Main Applications had been received in relation to 166 claims. By the end of this meeting, the Trustees had considered 163 cases of the claims submitted to date. There are three claims being dealt with at present. The Trustees had considered a total of 347 claims for £5,000 Psychiatric Injury, 166 claims for Particular Emotional Hardship and 31 claims for Particular Financial Hardship.
- The meeting included consideration of nine claims by family members of four victims for the single sum of £5,000 for psychiatric injury lasting longer than a calendar month that has been caused or materially aggravated by the fact that the victim has contracted vCJD, five new claims and one re-submitted claim in relation to three victims for Particular Emotional Hardship, one new claim and two resubmitted claims in relation to two victims for Particular Financial Hardship.
- The Trustees discussed their proposals for a revision of the Scheme in relation to future victims. They had heard from the Department of Health who were proposing a meeting with the Chairman to discuss the proposals further.
- The Trustees discussed the principles applicable to claims for Carers’ Loss of Earnings and agreed Guidance Notes and an Application Form which should be posted on the vCJD Website.
Return to minutes page