- The Minutes and Resolutions of the previous meeting were approved, subject to some minor amendments.
- It was reported that there were 158 victims of vCJD as at 4 November 2005, according to the figures on the Department of Health’s website. Main Applications had been received in relation to 155 victims. By the end of this meeting, the Trustees will have considered 152 claims submitted to date. There are three new claims being worked on at present. The Trustees had considered a total of 266 claims for £5,000 for psychiatric condition and 105 claims for particular emotional hardship.
- The Trustees considered two new claims, one claim for an urgent part/payment and one claim with outstanding issues. They also considered nine claims by family members of five victims for the single sum of £5,000 for Psychiatric Injury lasting longer than a calendar month that has been caused or materially aggravated by the fact that the victim has contracted vCJD, twenty claims in relation to twelve victims for Particular Emotional Hardship and four re-submitted claims for Particular Emotional Hardship in relation to three victims.
- The Trustees considered the principles they would adopt for claims for Particular Financial Hardship.
- The Trustees considered terms and conditions submitted by psychiatrists.
Return to minutes page